Thursday, February 3, 2011

DAY ONE



So last Monday we had our first class for EDU 255. We also had a chance to do a mini lesson on anything we wanted for about 5 minutes. I was nervous when i first found out about the news of teaching on the first day, and within the first 10 minutes of class. I chose to teach volleyball, which for now i think was a mistake because i am not very skilled in that particular sport. After getting up there i felt like i was doing a decent job explaining myself and the basic skills of volleyball. The 5 minutes went fast and i was ready to observe my other peers.
Finished with classes for the day i found the video on youtube to watch how i did. There are a lot of things i need to work on. First off i need a louder gym voice when showing the kids the cues and skills i want them to learn. I gave feedback once or twice when i saw the skill being done correctly, or incorrectly. I didnt give any easy cues for the kids so i could check for understanding. I need to slow down the process and get a little more involved. But its only day one and i am ready to become the teacher i want to be. My transcript is located here as well.
Transcript



No comments:

Post a Comment